Thank you to our friends for believing in our project during 2020 and beyond!
Thank you to everyone who donated on Facebook, Chuffed, or directly to us by check or cash. Facebook is less than transparent on the information of people who donate to us, especially by the "donate" button on our Amazon Pueblo page. We would like to take this opportunity to recognize everyone who helped the indigenous youth of La Libertad, Leticia, Tabatinga, and Caballococha.
Thank you, Olivia L(very much), Dianne and Dana, Debbie and Eric, Steven, David, Nancy, Marion, Maryann, Chuck, Hakki, Starsha, Barbara, Julie and Craig, Mark, Johanna, Trice, Randy, Hanna, Alina, Sandra, Barbie, Gina, Stella, Mike, Janice, Santina, Patrick, Diane and Ian, Josh and Crystal (also very much), Rudy and Joan, Rose, Steven, Irene and Joe, Mia, Jessica and Rand, Janet, Corrine, Diane, and JoAnna!
Everyone should have received a receipt from either platform for tax purposes. This year, the IRS offers a special deduction of up to $300 for people who do not itemize and take the standard deduction. This is unchanged for people who itemize. If you do not have a receipt and would like one, please contact us.
Our plans for 2021
- Overall, during 2020 we have had a little under $14,000 in donations. This was fantastic! We now have over $10,000 in the bank and accounts receivable for January for our work in 2021.
- We have a total of 29 scholarships for this year. We hope to fill one more before returning to the Amazon this spring
- We have added SSL security to the Amazon Pueblo website. This will stop the "this site is not secure" warning when people visit us. It is also one of the first steps to having an e-commerce page on our site.
- This January we are planning to update the website to make it easier to understand the project, navigate, and to interface a bit better with Google AdWords. We are also working on getting out our financial reports, which will be posted on the website.
- During the past two years, we have received a little over $360 from Amazon Smile donations! This represents over $52,000 of purchases on Amazon. Please follow this link to support us with your purchases at Amazon.com. Thank you to everyone who has signed up to help us through this program!
Our budget for 2021
- Student scholarships 3200
- Health care center 2500
- Solar panels and electrical system 1000 (very important, as this will allow us to store anti-venom in 24-hour refrigeration for snake bites)
- Building repairs and construction 1000
- Education support program 500
- Travel and transportation costs 500
- Administrative costs 300
- Emergency/Reserve fund 1000
Our recipe book fundraiser
- We will publish a cookbook with the favorite recipes from our students' families, former volunteers, and the directors.
- Each recipe will include a story about why they picked it. We will also have pictures of the authors, the food, and the Amazon.
- We will publish it on Amazon.com, in an electronic form, or by print-on-demand.
- Our print price will probably be around $15 each, and we will sell them for $25.
- We will be contacting people, gathering recipes, and putting everything together over the next one to two years.
- So please be on the lookout for an email from us requesting a recipe!
Happy New Year!