- Made repairs to the guesthouse, kitchen, and bathroom
- Constructed a concrete platform for our 1000 liter water tank
- Designed and built a yuca press
- Constructed a compost bin and community garden
- Registered the Association of Farmers, Fishers, and Artisans and Fundación Amazon Pueblo in Leticia
- Made the banner for the 20 year anniversary of the village
- Started work on the new project guesthouse and classroom
- Bought a 12-meter (39 foot) wooden cargo boat with a 15hp outboard motor for use by the project, Association, and of scheduled community trips to Leticia.
- Initiated the arrival of the SENA Colombian technical training institute to teach a 300-hour course on agricultural production and business to the villagers. We expect this class to start in May.
|Jainover with a visitor. Big lizards seldom come into the village, but this one wanted to see the construction!|
|Pacho repairing the platform|
|Eli and Ben are building a compost bin|
|Humberto and Ben are building the community garden|
|The second prototype for the yuca press|
|We made the sign for the 20th anniversary of the village (it is 3.5 m by 1 meter in size)|
Next week I will be going to Bogota to start work on our new project website and to meet with people about helping with the village. I will be posting more updates soon!