|Alane's event poster from Water Dog Tavern|
Sarah is one of a kind in the blues and soul music world. She creates her amazing acoustic rock and blues sound by drawing on her southern background. You may find Sarah J on stage with a guitar today and a piano the next, but don't be fooled, this tattooed, whiskey and wine girl will haunt you with her polished melodies and lyrics. Currently living in New York City, Sarah J has lived and played all over the East Coast. "Happier", Sarah's solo debut album, was released in 2011.
|Sarah J in concert!|
“Versatile, soulful, melodic acoustic rock with lyrics that span vulnerability to empowerment, tricking the listener into thinking and feeling after being drawn in on the surface by hummable, radio-ready hooks.” - Gary Trust, Billboard Magazine
The evening will start at 6 pm with the presentation and sale of Colombian trade goods throughout the evening, such as:
• Indigenous handcrafts (jewelry, blowguns, Amazonian blood wood carvings, piranha and other river fish products);
|Juan and Carlos the piranha|
|Coffee and chocolate|
• Exclusive low-acid Colombian coffee and forastero chocolate, and;
|Emeralds and fossils|
• Emerald gold and silver jewelry from the Muzo mines of the Colombian highlands, purchased directly from the emerald district of Bogotá. Fossils from Villa de Levya, Colombia.
|Ben volunteering with villagers in Leticia|
|Sarah J volunteering and singing in the village|
In addition to building the pier, which will help support the village’s sustainable business efforts, the money raised will support a number of other goals in the village, including:
• Paint the dock which was constructed from the project’s last fundraiser ;
• Replace the roof of the project’s guesthouse, and ;
• Initiate a program to reduce the village’s Dengue fever carrying mosquitoes.
Please visit Sarah J's website at http://www.thesarahjshow.com for more information and to take a listen. Be sure to learn more about the Amazon Pueblo Project by visiting their website http://www.amazonpueblo.org. And to view the full menu and discover more about The Water Dog Tavern in Thomaston, please visit their website at http://www.waterdogtavern.com.